Thinking about joining Team Maria this year? Now is the perfect time to join!
1. Go to https://www.bestbuddieschallenge.org/hc/support/#TeamMaria to register for Team Maria
2. Click “Join Team” at the top of the page
3. Agree to the participant waiver
4. You will be asked if you want to join as an individual or a team, select “Join A Team”
5. Select “Team Maria” from the pull down menu
6. From there you will be prompted to select the ride length or run/walk that you would like to participate in and you will need to fill out your contact information.
- Cycle: Select from a 100, 62, 30 or 15-mile bike ride down the majestic Pacific Coast Highway. No matter what distance you choose, you’ll enjoy magnificent views biking along the Pacific Coast Highway route with fellow Team Maria riders, fully supported from Carmel all the way to San Simeon. Click here for full course details.
- Run/Walk: For those who do not wish to ride, you can still join in the fun at our 5k run and walk led by Olympic gold medalist Carl Lewis alongside the beach in San Simeon. Open to all ages and abilities. Click here for full course details.
7. When you register to participate in the Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle, you will have access to our Participant Handbook online. (In an effort to be more environmentally friendly, Best Buddies will mail a hard copy of the handbook only upon request.) The Handbook is full of tips and guides for fundraising, training, and preparing for the Challenge. Also, when you check-in at the event your official jersey will be waiting for you along with lots of other great items from our sponsors!
(Commitment levels do not include a $50 up-front registration fee.)
Visit our official fundraising page and register today! Input “Team Maria” in the promo code box for your $200 fundraising discount – that’s right, only $1,350 for Team Maria riders!
As a charity event, the Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle requires a fundraising commitment in order to participate. That commitment is guaranteed by each participant when they register. In return, Best Buddies is proud to apply 100% of your fundraising commitment to Best Buddies programs which improve the lives of people with intellectual disabilities worldwide.
Here’s how it works. When you register to join Team Maria, you’ll be offered a special fundraising rate of just $1,350. You will be fully supported through easy-to-use online and offline fundraising tools and most importantly, through the assistance of your Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle Ride Coach. With our resources and support, we know you’ll reach, and even exceed, your goal! See the different commitment levels Team Maria offers below:
Early/Standard Registration –
$1500/$1800 $1,350 (Special Rate only for Team Maria)
Includes event jersey, gift bag with premium items and one entrance into the Hearst Ranch barbecue and concert. Enter TEAM MARIA in the promo code box for your discount.
Two People Together Club – $3,000
$3,000 Minimum Fundraising Commitment – Includes TWO event entries, jerseys, gift bags with premium items and TWO admissions to victory celebration and private concert.
Family Club – $3,700
$3,700 fundraising commitment – Includes FOUR of the following; event entries, jerseys, gift bags with premium items, and admissions to BBQ and concert on Hearst Ranch for two adults and two children 18 and under.
Pacific Coast Highway Club – $5,000
$5,000 fundraising commitment – SWIM IN THE HEARST CASTLE’S NEPTUNE POOL! Includes all the benefits of the a standard registration plus: One invitation to VIP post-ride cocktail party at Hearst Castle’s Neptune Pool on Saturday night hosted by Maria Shriver.
Hearst Castle Club – $10,000
$10,000 fundraising commitment – Includes all the benefits of the standard registration plus: You and a guest are invited to all ride VIP festivities including Pre-Ride VIP Reception hosted by Maria Shriver in Carmel on Friday night and invitations to join VIP’s for drinks, dessert and dancing at the Hearst Castle’s Neptune Pool immediately following post-ride BBQ and concert.
YOUR FUNDRAISING COMMITMENT
- After registration, you have a 7-day period from the day you registered to withdraw from the event and you will not be held responsible for your fundraising commitment. If, within those 7 days you decide that you cannot make this commitment for any reason, just alert a Challenge Coach, and you will be released from the event. If we do not hear from you within that week, you will be responsible for your fundraising commitment made at the time of registration. Please note: Registration fees are non-refundable.
- If you have not met your fundraising commitment two weeks before the event, Best Buddies International will charge your credit card (required upon registration) the difference of monies raised from your fundraising commitment.
- Interested in the other Best Buddies Challenges? Contact Tamara at TamaraTorlakson@BestBuddies.org to start Team Maria at another Best Buddies Challenge.
How to Set Up Your Donation Website
One of the most important fundraising tools you have at your disposal is your personal web page, also known as, MY HQ. This will serve as your one-stop-shop for all things fundraising-related and is also the place where you can create and edit your personal donation page, print out offline donation forms, send out your “ask” emails and check the status of your fundraising efforts. Setting up your HQ is a breeze and the sooner you do so, the quicker your donations will start rolling in! To get started click here.
No matter if you’ve not been on a bike for years, haven’t ran since high school gym class, or if you’re an avid cyclist or marathon runner, the Best Buddies Challenge: Hearst Castle is for everyone. With the support of a your assigned Coach, a fantastic training guide and even training meet ups in your area, you’ll be able to complete whatever distance you set out for. Look for future emails with TEAM MARIA training ride information.
Learn why Mark Belgard has continued to support Best Buddies and ride with Team Maria!
Learn why Karl Schroeder is on Team Maria and supports Best Buddies!
Read why Team leader Maria Shriver started TEAM MARIA and why she still works so hard to raise awareness and money for Best Buddies everywhere…
Read why City Council Member Steve Hansen joined Team Maria this year!
See why My Prime Founder Tessa Yutadco supports Team Maria and Best Buddies!
We asked Sean Cottier Molloy why he supports Team Maria!
Read why Anastasia Carney was inspired to ride with Team Maria!
Read why Azim Rajan was once again inspired to ride for TEAM MARIA!
Find out what motivates Katherine Schwarzenegger to work so hard for Best Buddies.
Read why team member Zahra Kassam and 10 other I-CERV volunteers are riding this weekend!